Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Closure Is The Name Of The Game



Correction from the last post:  The last chapter was chapter 14 of The Language of Graphic Design. The current chapter was Chapter 15.

Okay, so this chapter was much more easier to understand than the last chapter. I really didn't need any supplemental items like videos or tutorials. This chapter was about concept of closure in graphic design and that we as humans tend to visual close things in our mind, and that a closed object instinctively brings harmony to most compositions.

The chapter also talked briefly about the gestalt theory, which I actually already read the basics of that theory on this, which was a very helpful primer on the subject on how we as humans perceive images and art.

 In more personal news, I was very late in studying today. I didn't get a good night sleep and was like a zombie for most of the day. So this is the reason why I'm posting this so late. Although, I am glad to be even a bit productive today.

I am also currently looking into cloud note taking apps, because I suddenly realized that I haven't been actively taking notes, and I want to test myself at the end of the book (which I'm a quarter from  being done with).

Oh, on another random note, I'm following a self-study outline that I found on design tuts.com. So I have a lot to go still. I'm thinking it's going to take me a year to go through it all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;